Surfer Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to avoid other surfers or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Whenever you are in the lagoon, be aware of other surfers and yield to others.
- Prior to entering the lagoon, you must have the knowledge and ability to swim safely.
- Always use a leash and maintain control of your equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Stay away from closed areas.
- Respect the staff. Respect other surfers. Respect the park.
Lagoon Surfing Rules
The Lagoon Surfing Rules govern accepted behavior and choreography in the lagoon to reduce injury and promote safety.
- Only enter and exit the lagoon from a launch pad, not from the end areas.
- Catch waves only from designated take off areas.
- Surf only in your designated area.
- All surfers must dismount by flopping in the water flat on their backs, rather than diving off head first or jumping in feet first.
- Watch out for other surfers and maintain a safe distance from them.
- Always follow safety rules and surf guide instruction.
- Only surfers are allowed in the lagoon.
- Participate responsibly. You should be capable of self-rescue. You should be in good health and know your physical conditions and limitations. If you believe your health could be at risk or aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind, do not surf.