NLand, Austin’s Own World Class Surf Destination, Announces 2018 Summer Surf Camps for Youth
January 29, 2018 (Austin, Texas) – Austin’s own NLand, the first of its kind surfing destination in North America, is encouraging kids to ‘make waves’ as it expands its coaching regimen to offer summer surf camps. Providing kids with an epic summer and a life-long skill, the weeklong, full-day camps will be filled with fun, activity, adventure and a lot of surfing.
Summer Surf Camp at NLand will take place this summer over a ten-week span, starting June 4th and running through August 17th. Open to youth ages 8-14, the intimate camps (max attendance is 18 campers per week) offer lessons from world-class surf coaches who teach fundamentals such as paddling and pop-ups on a whitewater wave, NLand’s signature Bay Wave. With a 6:1 coach to camper ratio, coaching is designed to ensure every surfer receives personal instruction. As campers increase skill and confidence, they will advance to new techniques with the help of coaches, especially true for those who attend multiple sessions.
Summer Surf Camp at NLand takes place Monday –Friday from 9am until 4pm. The price is $649 per camper and includes:
- 1.5 hours of surf and instruction 2x daily (morning and afternoon session)
- camp t-shirt and water bottle
- daily lunch from Blue Prairie restaurant
- morning and afternoon snacks
- surf board and leash
- games and activities
- daily presentations from acclaimed competitors and athletes, professional BMX ridersand more
- Friday surf showcase and awards ceremony – parents invited to attend in the afternoonNLand will offer a 15% family discount for all additional siblings enrolled. A 15% multi-session discount will also be applied to all subsequent sessions following a camper’s initial week.Camp registration opens on NLand’s website March 1st but in the meantime, parents and guardians are encouraged to learn more and select preferred weeks by visiting: NLandSurfPark.com/summer-surf-camp-2018.
NLand is the world’s only inland surf destination and brewery, located in southeast Austin, just five miles from Austin Bergstrom International Airport. The 14-acre surf lagoon is the largest in the world, making waves for surfers of all levels, from beginner to pro. A 1,000 foot spectator pier spans the lagoon and provides access to a sand beach. NLand Brewing Company and Blue Prairie Restaurant overlook the lagoon, offering on-site craft brewed beer and a farm-fresh menu featuring locally sourced ingredients. NLand offers surf sessions (surfboard included), lessons, kids camps, group events, a retail shop, and activities such as yoga, live music and more. Find additional information at NLandSurfPark.com.